Welcome to the new website of the Chesapeake Paddlers Association, Inc. Let me take a few words to show you around.
- All navigation is from the black top bar of the page.
- Each of the topics (Membership, Trips & Events, Volunteer, Forum, Resources and About CPA) takes you to a landing page with further navigation on that topic.
- Membership covers ways to join and terms of membership, and our membership discount program with local outfitters.
- Trips & Events covers trips, our mid-week Piracies, classes and workshops, and has links to our MeetUp calendar, where all trips and events are scheduled and where you can find info on signing up for them.
- Volunteer covers volunteer opportunities with CPA, including trip leading, helping with a Piracy, helping or organizing an event, or running for CPA offices. We also provide info on volunteer opportunities with other organizations for kayak demos and swim supports.
- Forum is a link to our online discussion forums covering a variety of topics of interest to the paddling community.
- Resources offers a basic set of links on two topics: Launch sites and water trails, and Tides, currents, and weather of use to paddlers.
- About CPA covers topics explaining the organization itself, including our mission and by laws, contacts, our community newsletter and archives of articles, trip policies, and an online catalog of our CPA logo gear for sale.
Thanks for the new website go to Gregg Banse and Paula Hubbard, the webmasters who built the site, and the CPA Steering Committee and Officers who vetted the information and the design.
Naturally, for any new website, we probably got something wrong. If you have a comment or feedback that will help us improve the site, please pass it along here.